May 14, 2010

Life Lessons

1 YEAR down 2 MORE to go...

Will's first year of law school is officially over.  Can I get an Amen....HOORAY...WHOOOOOO.  I can't believe it...I really can't.  This year is flying BY!  

With first year of  law school completed and first year of marriage almost down,  I can't help but think of all the trials and tribulations we have gone through.  No one said having a spouse in school full time was a dream.  Lack of time together, strange study hours, and due to the economy I worry about William finding a job when he graduates ( I know he still has 2 years to go...).  I am also constantly stressed out being a one-income family, and sometimes have to stop comparing myself to others.  This in itself has taught me to value money much more.  I have to admit that I was a wee bit spoiled while under the care of my parents (still somewhat under the care of my momma..love you), and somewhat unaware about the real world.  Not to say that I was naive about daily expenses, just really didn't have to worry.  I have to thank the college bubble for that one. 

Now, I have found myself stepping back a bit when it comes to shopping, going out to eat less, cutting back on our favorite movie channels and other things we use to consider a "need" rather than a "want" .  It's all relative when you think about it.  This isn't going to be forever, but it is reality for right now. I have to be thankful  and blessed for what we do have!  We have a lovely little house which cuts our commute to work and school.  We have clothes on our backs, and hope on our sleeves, and for right now we are in a good position. 

I always say "everything happens for a reason".  This reason is being reality. This is growing up.  This is being aware of the real world, and preparing for the future.  I am happy William is in the midst of pursuing his dream, and that I am working towards mine.  I also think mentally I have learned (somewhat) what it takes to care for a family. For some reason in the back of my mind, down the long road called life, I will always  remember this house we live in, and what I thought was a complex life in turn will become simplicity... a peace of mind.  So, for those who are going through the same situation as William and I...you or your significant other in school or even trying to find a job...power to you...you will power through!  This isn't forever...this is just being young.

"Hakuna Matata"
&
Thanks for Reading!

731 more days until William graduates...

No comments:

Post a Comment