May 5, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

Just a fair warning: this post consists of a rambling story....

William and I live in this really charming, young professional part of the city. I absolutely love living here, except there are not any great grocery stores nearby. I tend to forget ingredients all the time, and this is partially the reason why I don't really cook anymore. OH YEA, I must admit that I am a terrible Wal-Mart snob. I hate Wal-Mart with everything I have, the whole experience of Wal-Mart makes me cringe and feel icky inside. I try to avoid it as much as possible and there just so happens to be a Wal-Mart around us, but I refuse to go. Don't Judge.


Over the weekend, I noticed this little grocery store opened up right by my house. I also noticed that around the sign it stated "Grocery, Cheese, and Coffee", in other words, "avoid.as.much.as.possible". This can only mean obsession and added calories to my already out of control daily diet in my near future.


For William's birthday, I decided to make him a fabulous chocolate cake. YUM! I thought I had every ingredient for it...WRONG....


Back to my ingredients list and pantry, I was defiantly out of powdered sugar. I kept yelling in my head(earmuffs/cover your eyes please for those under the age of 18), "damn, damn, damn, & damn". I was already heading out the door and now it was inevitable I had to stop by the new grocery store.


Like it was second nature to me, I parked in front of the darling store. It should have a white picket fence in front of it, because that is how cute and perfect it is. I walked in, and it was like dodging bullets. My heart started racing....it was organic everything! Shelves lined with amazing drinks, fresh veggies, fruit, and array of foods from around the world... and then there it was....I dodged it as much as possible, but in the corner of my eyes I saw the huge cheese section. The section was packed with pounds and pounds of heavenly cheese. I literally ran past it, and then there it was, the freezer straight ahead packed with all sorts of sorbet and gelato. I didn’t bite this bullet, I literally made this girl move out of my way as I stared down all the amazing flavors of gelato, with brands you would only find in a gourmet food magazine. I picked up my pistachio flavored gelato, and moved on.


You can call this a guilty pleasure...you know all things Organic...or paying $4.39 for a pack of powdered sugar that should only cost $1, just so you don't have to go to Wal-Mart. Call it what you want, but I defiantly felt guilt and happiness all in one while standing in the check-out line.


I have to also admit that somedays I am not the biggest fan of Oklahoma, so when there are new cute/awesome/amazing new things to try/do/love in Oklahoma...I love it. I erupt with happiness, so this will tie me over until something new and grand opens up.


I heart guilty pleasures...


It took 2 seconds flat to bust this open and eat it for dinner...it is the most creamy, delicious gelato I have ever had...I don't think Italy can even compete....


The sad proof of my expensive guilty pleasures...I informed William that I will only go back on pay days :)


Thanks for reading and allowing me to ramble!


P.S. 740 More Days Until William Graduates...more guilty pleasures to come :)


No comments:

Post a Comment