June 11, 2010

Travel

Washington D.C. 2010

For Memorial weekend, William and I trotted our way up to Washington D.C.  This was my first time to DC and I have to be honest, I had some pretty low expectations.  Why?  Well you see, I am not a fan of history and this trip had history written all over it.  Instead of paying attention in history class or being mildly interested, my eye lids grew heavy and my mind went elsewhere.  Needless to say, as soon as I stepped foot on the concrete that surrounded DC, I was pretty blown away by our great capital.  I think history class should be taught all over the east coast, especially DC and not in a classroom (if I could only run the world...).

I was enlightened by all the amazing Smithsonian museums, awe struck by the architecture, and was breathless when I encountered the murals in the Capital and Library of Congress.  Every building was truly amazing...and free to see I might add :).  Sadly, William and I didn't get to see everything we wanted,
but we will defiantly be back <-----Maybe a future home for us?? 
 Wishful thinking???...

If there is one thing I learned on the trip, DC is very hot come May.  It was an exhausting few days, with humid conditions that left you feeling thirsty, sticky, sweaty, fatigued...but I won't complain :).  Just FYI:  Cotton dresses, comfy shoes (hasta la vista cute gladiator sandals), lots of water, and an air conditioned bus to take you everywhere is the way to go.

I will admit these thoughts did run through my mind as I tackled the weather:  
"Do you think if I wore my swimsuit around tomorrow, people would stare?" 
my thought immediately after:
"I knew I should have started working out two months ago"
"Screw it, I think I would still be hot and miserable"
I blame the sun for taking my sanity away...

William's take on the trip was a wee-bit different.  This one being a fan of law and all things history paraded around DC like a kid in a candy store.  My non-directional challenged hubby lead my family all over DC, ignoring the heat and practically running from site to site to site.

On another note, William and I also got to experience the Gaylord Resort and Hotel and it was spectacular!  I am always grateful that my mom throws an amazing conference every year and well, William and I piggybacking on her a-mazing hotel room!  If you ever are in the area, you must stay there!

Lastly, I have contemplated for awhile on how I wanted to write down my experience in DC. considering William and I took over 300 pictures with lots of video.  I have decided to spread the love on DC and share my experiences over a couple of posts instead of one. 

FYI: If you are scrolling down through the pictures you will notice they have nothing to do with the sites...these are all the "other" pictures we took :)
The start to a great trip---Union Station, Washington D.C.
West Coast F-A-M-I-L-Y

Love my Family!
Gaylord during the day...
 
Gaylord at night...soo pretty!
Breakfast every morning on our balcony...I really got use to this...to bad reality isn't a vacation everyday...:)
The fountain show..
Mom's Conference
Thanks Mom for a spectacular trip!!
"Can we move here?"  The inevitable question always asked by me when William and I go on vacation..


 If you have read this post through its entirety, then Congratulations...No you don't get a prize..it's just that....I think I even annoyed myself with how much I just posted...

Thanks for Reading!
703 More Days Until William Graduates....


1 comment:

  1. so fun....you should try doing it in july 8 months pregnant....it's a joy!

    ReplyDelete