June 28, 2010

"Can We Move Here?"


"Can We Move Here?"...Top Spot #2

C.A.L.I.F.O.R.N.I.A
Oh California...
You + Me = One Long Love Affair

SAN DIEGO
My entire life, especially the pre-college portion of it, was traveling back and forth from Orange County to San Francisco and back home, several times a year. My whole extended family lives there, so it became a second home to me.  The beach, the palm trees (again..my favorite tree), the shopping, the skiing, and eventually all the memories made in that great state that are always kept near and dear to my heart. Now, my memories coming back to Oklahoma---crying and lots of it (and it wasn't pretty crying either).
California stole my heart. 
Needless to say its about time for Will and me to venture to the west coast for a bit and indulge in their free spirited way of life.

I can't picture myself living in Orange County, San Francisco, and defiantly not LA (gag), but I visited San Diego last May and BOY oh BOY I couldn't stop convincing William how great it would be to live here. The soft wind in our hair and an actual chill in the air that left goosebumps on our skin...at the END of MAY (who would have thought?). There is an energy about the city that promotes life, a kind of life that makes you addicted to spending all your free time outside, a life that is indulged with the serenity of the ocean at your footsteps, and a possible work commute that drives along the west coast.  Everyone seems happy, unstressed, and really enjoying the way of life that San Diego brings (which is so not LA).

The convincing seized when we were at Urban Outfitters and lo and behold, people were taking their dogs shopping in the store. Yeah, we are those kind of dog loving people.  But, I think the cherry on top was the train ride from San Diego to Irvine, the ride left us drooling over the spectacular views of the west coast and kept making me think "Seriously, why DON'T we live here?".  I hope that maybe (just maybe) we can live there when William grad-u-ma-tates.  Until then, I give you San Diego....

*Even on a gloomy day, this coast is still so beautiful*

Torrey Pines

 View of Downtown San Diego

William on the lawn of Petco Park

San Diego ZOOOOOOO!
the scenic views on our train ride
You can't beat dinner on the water..

Thanks for Reading

686 more days until William graduates...

No comments:

Post a Comment