March 19, 2010

Aspen 2010


Adult Spring Break 2010

For spring break, William and I decided we needed a break from the flat lands of Oklahoma and made our way up to Aspen, CO.  Our very dear friends Laura and Kyle live there, and I was due for some much needed attention from Laura :).  We had an absolute blast!  The weather was absolutely perfect, sunny, warm, and quite the opposite of the harsh weather from last year's trip to Aspen.

I also, (Thank GOD) did not get injured and my knees did not fail me this trip.  That was the major PLUS of the trip.  I was a little more cautious going down the mountain (I think it was partially due to that little voice in my head that kept saying "Don't fall, don't fall...you still have one good knee." "Don't fall, don't fall, because riding down the mountain in a toboggan was one of the most miserable and embarrassing times of your life."), but it was well worth every minute.

 Look Ma...My Knees Work!!

I always forget about the scenery when we go up the steep slopes to ski, but it is always so breath taking, and consuming.  I can never look back at what I am doing, I rather just stare at the open skis and snow covered rocky mountains.



 Besides skiing, we ate A LOT of good food, we drank LOTS of red wine, vacationed with great people, and got some much needed R&R. 

I really have to thank Kyle & Laura for being such gracious hosts, that hooked us up while we were in Aspen.  THANKS soo VERY much from the Pace Family!

SMO Love!

Laura & me....can you tell?

 Patriotic Bliss..

At Lunch...eating....it's what we do best...


The Group!

The Girls

Fabulous Aspen

 Great Time with Great Friends!!


Thanks for Reading!

786 More Days until William Graduates!...The numbers are getting smaller...No? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment