January 18, 2011

Redecorating = A.D.D. for the Mind

This past couple of weeks...I have what feels like redecorating my life.  I have slowly eliminated clothes, furniture, more furniture, and well junk that is completely useless and still hanging around the house. I should use the word junk lightly, and well... really call it..."William's stuff that he wants to hold on to like it's the end of the world".  It has become an all out war....Pack Rat vs. Minimalist...

My garage has now turned into a storage unit, waiting for one warm, sunny Saturday for a stampede of people to come rushing in and buy it...ALL... (yeah right).  I am aware that donating some items to charity is an option...a very good one...but I have to admit some of William's items...well...let's just say, I am saving people the trouble.

With all this "winter cleaning"  comes new stuff...pretty stuff...but also A.D.D. for the mind.  There is a reason why I am not a decorator, between drooling through pages of Traditional Home and then actually going to the store to find myself with decorator's anxiety...there's no way I could ever finish one room.  So, piece by piece over the past month some rooms are forming to look less college chic and more adult living.

Some pieces I am looking to purchase in the near future....

I love these cute beside tables from Pottery Barn

 I have wanted a sleigh bed for an eternity...hoping I will find the perfect one sooner than later.

Leather vs. Upholstery





 After having an a micro-fiber couch that now contains embedded dog hair in it (yuck!)...we are thinking leather couches are more dog friendly.  BUT I can't get over some of the beautiful upholstery couches, so I am still deciding/thinking of way to get the dogs to stay off the couch.

Hope you all have one amazing WEEK!
Happy TUESDAY!
482 more days until William graduates...

No comments:

Post a Comment