February 22, 2010

Wife of the Month Award?

Mardi Gras 2010

William went to New Orleans to visit his dear friend Matt Thomas last weekend, and also celebrated Mardi Gras.  Now, most of you know that last weekend was also Valentine's Day, so I am figuring I could quite possibly get Wife of the Month award for the month of February??  I managed to keep my complaints minimal and to assure William that Valentine's Day is just hallmark holiday, so have some fun in New Orleans!

With that said, William had a great time (Who am I kidding...of course he did, I mean it is New Orleans).  He just so happen to go when the Saints just won the Super Bowl, so everything was just as crazy as it can get.  On his last night, he attended a ball (full tux and everything...and I might add I was super jealous) called the Bacchus Ball.  From what William was decribing to me, there was a massive parade inside the ball along with Drew Brees (Mardi Gras King) riding on a float, and a concert by Better Than Ezra.  William was oh so kind to catch a ton of beads and stuffed toys for me (he really shouldn't have), which I in turn gave to Izze.

This was yet another short and sweet trip, but I am glad he got to see his friends and take a breather from school.

**Please forgive the quality of the photos below, some I stole from Will's facebook and the others are from his phone.  I was a little afraid to send him off with the flip cam and our one and only working camera.**

Pure Joy for New Orleans!  (maybe not so much for Matt?)

  

Inside the Bacchus Ball


Floats Ga-LORE

  

Izze loves her new toys!


Thanks for reading!



811 more days until William graduates



1 comment:

  1. definitely wife of the month award!!! glad he had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete