January 15, 2010

Praying for Haiti

Praying for Haiti


With the recent events that unraveled over the last couple of days in Haiti, I couldn't help to think about how life is so strange.

Here I am in Oklahoma, living my life day to day, but I keep pondering how my life could be so different. 

What if I was born somewhere like Haiti?

What if I had family that lived in Haiti?

What if it was me trying to survive a devastating earth quake?

I guess the question is what if?

I could not imagine trying to survive, trying to find family members, with no medical help, and little food and water.  I couldn't imagine being so dependent on other countries to help me.  I couldn't imagine living in such conditions.  For that, I am trying to be more grateful for what I do have.  Some days I feel like I could be more, do more, and especially have more.  But at the end of the day I am happy.  I am happy with what I have, what I do, and who I love. 

The world is such a strange place.  It seems so unfair how in parts of the world, people are not geared to live out their life with dreams, but live day to day just trying to survive.  So, today if you can't give to Haiti monetarily, then think about the people of Haiti with your heart. 

I have to give a shout out to my friend Morgan (http://jeffandmorgan.blogspot.com/) for inspiring this post with her "Bleeding" heart!

Thanks for Reading!


848 more days until William graduates and changes the world for the good! :)

P.S. Please leave Comments...I LOVE them!

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna start an emergency kit for you just to be safe...so when you start seeing hoards of water and canned food don't get mad!

    ReplyDelete