January 28, 2010

I love sunshine on my face and flip flops on my feet!

Phoenix 2010

Martin Luther King weekend, William and I went to Phoenix to visit his dad. Though we were only there for 3 short days, it was well worth waking up at 5 in the morning to catch the flight, the long security line, William almost getting his money clip hijacked by airport security, and did I mention having to take off my boots (why do I always fly with the worst possible shoes??).

When we landed we were greeted with sunshine on our faces and a nice 70 degree day, and what could possibly be better than that? Especially after surviving a blizzard, the coldest temperatures in 20 years, and as I am typing this right now, the Ice Storm of 2010. Yea... you thought right...nothing!

William got a chance to go golfing with his Dad, although he did complain he could only go once instead of 3 times like he was hoping. I got a chance to go to Scottsdale and do some much needed shopping! William also took me back to the Arizona State campus to walk around.

For those who don't know, William went to Arizona State his first semester of college before he transferred into good ol' OU. I absolutely adore the ASU campus! The scenery is beautiful with the hills and mountains, there are palm trees and orange trees that fill the campus (Palm trees are my favorite trees), and best of all ASU has a large assortment of bars, restaurants, and shops.

There is something about Arizona that just puts you in a good mood. It may be the weather, but I think it is just a relaxing atmosphere. We thoroughly enjoyed visiting our family out there, and defiantly can't wait to get back to sunny, warm, not a cloud in the sky Phoenix!


Finally getting to break in my new Toms...one of my Christmas presents from Will



Family!



Downtown Scottsdale



Not the greatest picture...but this is where Will's old dorm was



ASU!



"A" Mountain...Look closely and you can see the hikers...I am very jealous that they have this

 
In n Out...My FAVORITE!

Thanks for Reading!

835 more days until William graduates :)...And maybe we will move to Phoenix??  It's looking like a dream spot right now, when there's an ice storm going on outside.

1 comment:

  1. looks like you had a great time...tell william congrats on finishing his first semester...heard he did AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete